An avid learner, Sam holds an accredited diploma in Coaching Supervision and is a Master Certified Coach, in addition to his numerous certifications in a variety of tools and assessments. As a skilled mentor and facilitator, Sam taught coaching at the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara, and currently teaches Coaching Supervision at the Coaching Supervision Academy in the UK, the US, and France (speaking French fluently).
[toggle title="Education & Experience"]
- Diploma from the Coaching Supervision Academy, London, England, 2010; teaching their diploma course in the U.S. and in France since 2012.
- Keynotes & bilingual presentations (English and French), including presentations at three International Coach Federation conferences France, 2015 – 2017.
- Master Certified Coach from the International Coach Federation (ICF), 2004.
- President, Puget Sound Coaches Association, local ICF chapter.
- Coach specific training at the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara, 2001, where he also taught coaching for six years.
- EQ in Action Certified Assessment qualification for emotional intelligence coaching.
- M.B.A. from California State University-East Bay, where he researched performance evaluation, 1977.
[/toggle][toggle title="Personal Passions"]
- Sam has been described as having a poet’s soul and, in 2006, he published his first book of poetry, Fully Human.
- He is also an accomplished photography, often supporting his coaching, supervision, and keynote talks with imagery and photos.
- Sam lives in Edmonds, WA and travels often to France and England.