Christy believes that taking one’s leadership to the next level is an “inside out” process. Her coaching with leaders is both reflective and results-oriented, helping them become better versions of themselves. She guides leaders to combine character strengths, competence, and personal connection for greater impact on their organizations…and in their lives.
Leaders Get Real, a podcast series she has recently launched, features stories of inspiration and insight by people—and for people—leading with purpose, passion, and authenticity. In the series, she interviews best-selling authors and organizational leaders who are currently “in the trenches.” Among other roles, Christy has been a Director of Product Development and Senior Consultant with the Tom Peters Company and as Product Manager at the global consulting firm GP Strategies. In those positions, she has led the launch of an array of products and collaborated closely with best-selling authors to develop leadership tools based on their books. Christy earned her undergraduate degree and a Masters from Stanford University. She is a TILT certified Coach Practitioner among other certifications.
Leaders from Facebook, LinkedIn, Visa, Yahoo, Disney, Salesforce, Brocade, PG&E, Lucasfilm, Gilead, Dolby and Charles Schwab have all benefited from Christy’s strategically oriented, high-energy and thoughtful approach to executive coaching, facilitating, speaking, and consulting. Christy loves skiing, hiking and the outdoors. She also enjoys cultural experiences, and took a half year service adventure around the world with her husband and 2 kids, living in India, Kenya and Honduras.
Education & Experience
- Host of the popular leadership podcast Leaders Get Real.
- Certified TILT ™ Coach Practitioner and 360° Practitioner.
- Extreme Leadership certification through Steve Faber Extreme Leadership program.
- Certified in Leading Out Loud through Terry Pearce.
- The Leadership Challenge certification through Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner’s The Leadership Challenge Forum.
- Bachelors and M.A. degree from Stanford University, 1990.
- Christy is cofounder & board member of the Bay Area nonprofit, Reach Potential Movement, aimed at empowering youth-at-risk to reach their highest potential.
- She lives in the Silicon Valley with her husband and 2 children and in addition to her love of outdoor adventure, travel, and the Latin American culture, she enjoys making mosaics.